You must bring the following to receive free tax help:
- Valid picture identification for taxpayer and spouse.
- Social Security cards and birth dates for yourself, spouse, and dependents.
- All W-2s, W-2Gs, 1099s and Social Security/Unemployment benefit statements related to income received during current tax year.
- If filing jointly, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
- Form 1095-A, B, or C (Affordable Health Care Statements).
Additional information that may be required:
- If claiming child and dependent care expenses: the name, address, and social security number or EIN (employer identification number) of the provider.
- If a homeowner, a copy of your county real estate tax statement.
- If claiming the Indiana Renter’s Deduction: the name, address, and phone number of the landlord.
- Any tax forms received.
- Copies of last year's federal/state tax returns.
- All 1098s related to interest on student loans.
- Out-of-pocket educational expenses for college.
- Any donations to Indiana colleges.
- For direct deposit of your refund, you must provide bank account and routing numbers.
How to prepare for your free tax appointment