What do I need to bring with me to the tax assistance site?

Save time! Once you've made an appointment at one of our tax sites, complete your intake form (click here), print, and bring it to your appointment.

You must bring the following to receive free tax help:
  • Valid picture identification for taxpayer and spouse.
  • Social Security cards and birth dates for yourself, spouse, and dependents.
  • All W-2s, W-2Gs, 1099s and Social Security/Unemployment benefit statements related to income received during current tax year.
  • If filing jointly, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
  • Form 1095-A, B, or C (Affordable Health Care Statements).
Additional information that may be required:
  • If claiming child and dependent care expenses: the name, address, and social security number or EIN (employer identification number) of the provider.
  • If a homeowner, a copy of your county real estate tax statement.
  • If claiming the Indiana Renter’s Deduction: the name, address, and phone number of the landlord.
  • Any tax forms received.
  • Copies of last year's federal/state tax returns.
  • All 1098s related to interest on student loans.
  • Out-of-pocket educational expenses for college.
  • Any donations to Indiana colleges.
  • For direct deposit of your refund, you must provide bank account and routing numbers.

How to prepare for your free tax appointment